Oh. my. goodness. I can't believe that I haven't posted anything for 3 months. Life has obviously been a little on the chaotic side. Let's see.....where to begin.
Bennet continued to have back to back ear and sinus infections since November. It was so horrible that he would be sick within four days of finishing meds. He had his adnoids taken out and tubes put in on March 25th. We were told that it would be a speedy recovery. Not so much. It took the poor child two weeks to heal. The first week was extremely tough. He was miserable and in a ton of pain. He reacted to the tylenol with codeine in an adverse way (made him hyper instead of sleepy). Those nights were not fun. Thank goodness we had nama Kathy here to help us out.....
because life wouldn't be fun if we didn't add in any more chaos. The morning of Bennet's surgery I started to feel the onset of kidney stones. I've had these before so I figured it would pass after awhile. It did. Until the afternoon when we were getting ready to discharge from the hospital. I ended up going to urgent care that evening for 3 hours to only end up with pain meds. Long story short--ended up in the ER the following morning wanting to die of pain. After xrays and cat scans they found a kidney stone so big it blocked off all function of that kidney. The sucker was 1/2 an inch!!! There were several others in both kidneys. Surgery was the only option. They placed a stint from my bladder to my kidney and kicked the stone back into my kidney. I had the stint for 2 weeks and then had a shock-wave procedure done to break apart all the stones. I now wait to find out what the stones are made of and pray they never come back. My dr thinks I will be prone to them. His solution--drink 80 ounces of water a day. Um.....its hard to do and all I do is pee all day.
Bennet has recovered from surgery but continues to have sinus and ear infections. We go in next week to figure things out. Maybe do some allergy testing. We wait again to see what will happen with him. Until then....
No comments:
Post a Comment