Tuesday, February 26, 2008

sick little man

Well, it has been quite the month at the Henriksen's household! Poor Logan has been sick for quite some time now. He started out with a cough/cold for a week--thank goodness that Grandma and Grandpa Henriksen were in town to help out with Logan. He had to stay home from daycare for almost the entire week. Then to top things off, Logan gets another ear infection on Valentine's Day! What a way to spend our day--sitting at the clinic for an hour and a half.
Things were going good until last week Tuesday. Logan and I were heading out the door when he decides to vomit his entire 7 ounce bottle! I thought "okay, here we go again." Well, one day led into another; each day got worse. Thursday we took Logan to his doc and he admitted Logan into Children's Hospital. He was vomitting and having explosive diahrea, on top of refusing to eat. Jeremy and I thought we were in the clear on Friday when we were getting discharged. Logan had started to keep small amounts of bottles in, and nothing really huge was happening. Well, long story short...we (actually me) took Logan back in to Children's that night b/c the messes got worse. Jeremy ended up with this bug that night too, so I had the experience of holding Logan down by myself when he got his 2nd IV--and let me tell you, it's the worst thing a parent could ever do.
Well, Logan stayed at the hospital until Sunday late afternoon--keeping several bottles down, controlled diahrea, and having his personality come back slowly. We are taking each day slowly and one at a time. I am trying to catch up on sleep and work; Logan is continuing to slowly improve; Jeremy is normal (I think) :); and we are getting a lot of help from Grandma Henriksen.
I will keep you all posted as to how we are the next few days. Oh, we found out that Logan had acute gastrointestinitis?? NOT FUN!!! Stomach bug I guess.
And the funny thing is, through all the muck and ickiness, Logan learned how to completely crawl foward, pull himself up and clap!!! What a trooper!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! What a month it really has been for you all! I hope that Logan is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

OH NO..poor Logan :( Poor Mama too,I'd be exhausted! Glad to hear he's doing so much better.

Kristy