Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We're walking!!!

While in ND Logan learned how to walk! A few days before we left he was taking a few steps here and there. At our friends' pig roast Logan decided to take about fifteen steps all by himself! Everyone there stopped what they were doing to watch and cheer. After that he took a few days off. Then in ND he started to do it all the time. Now that we are back home he just cruises! We still have our crashes and burns, but all in all Logan is finally walking!!! And yes, we are in trouble from here on out.
So if things couldn't be crazier for Jeremy and I, Logan gets an ear infection while we are in ND. I took him in knowing that he was getting maybe 2 more teeth, which were causing the ear infection. Oh no, he's getting 8 MORE TEETH! The doctor said that his top molars are coming in--who knew that molars came in this early?? Not me! And they are awful! The poor child is hurting. I feel like we should take stock in orajel and the other drugs. The fussieness isn't fun either--all day I hear "mom! mom!" (but in a whiney voice). I am praying this weekend they will break through--I can feel the tips of one on each side.

3 comments:

April said...

Now the fun really begins. And that's crazy about his teeth. Poor baby. It's the worst when you can't do anything to fix your child's hurting.

Are you loving your time at home? I'm so jealous you have the summer off. We are thinking about having a Biz reunion in July at our place. Do you guys have any vacation plans? We're trying to nail down a weekend. It's been so long since we have all gotten together!

the henry's said...

It's not fun at all with the teeth. I don't like having him hurt.
I am loving it being at home. It's nice to spend this time with Logan.
We really don't have any vacation plans at all this summer. We do need to get together. We are busy these next two weekends but other than that we are open. We should plan something.

Kristy said...

Poor Logan,I'm glad we don't teeth as adults because I'd be bawling all day too! Popsicles,a cold wet wash cloth,the poor kid needs something for EIGHT teeth coming in,ouch! I remember Laini getting her top front 4 in at once. Her top lip was even swollen :( Yay for him walking!!! I'm sure the world looks much more different & fun from a standing position :)