
My little bean is two months old today. Wow has the time flied by fast. Things have been very busy with him, visiting the doctor's office or children's hospital every week to figure out what the issues were for that week. But, we've finally have things under control to the best we can, which is night and day from where we were a month ago. I'm sad as I look at the calendar and see less than a few weeks to go before I have to head back to work. I will be cherishing every little minute I get with bean these next few weeks.
Yesterday was his two month checkup. His doctor couldn't believe how healthy looking his is, as well as how well bean is doing for being a preemie. He is acting like a normal two month old should be--very reassuring for me. He is weighing in at 10 lbs 5 ounces, but it could be a little more than that because he didn't want to lie still in the scale. He is now 22 inches long (over a 3 inch growth spurt since he was born). Bean is now on the "normal" child scales as well, ranking on the 20th percentile for both weight & height. I like those numbers! We've got the puking under control as much as we can--still pukes here and there but nothing like it was before. He's getting a tablespoon of cereal for every ounce of formula he drinks to make it really thick, which he just loves! I'm sure this will help pack on those pounds.
At his checkup, bean also received his lovely shots. The poor thing has little legs to begin with, and then they have to stab him with these long needles. The worst part--I had to hold his legs down. I couldn't hold his face to talk and calm him down. No, I had to be part of the torture. As soon as he was done, I made up with hugs and kisses. I think he forgave me after a few I'm sorries. One of the shots was for preventing RSV. Because he was a preemie, his doctor applied him for this program where he would receive preventative shots once a month during the cold/flu season. They say it helps out. We found out Friday that he was accepted into the program and thus he was given an added shot into his little leg. Thank goodness for Tylenol and warm bathes.
No comments:
Post a Comment