Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

The boys and I went trick-or-treating last night. Or as Logan says it "tricky-treats" or "candy-treats". This year Logan was a 'John Deere' tractor--a very. time-consuming. project. It was worth it in the though. Bennet was a monkey, but a very snug little monkey.
I usually take the kids trick-or-treating while Jeremy stays home and passes out the candy. I got the kiddos dressed up and we ventured out. Now, before we can continue with the rest of the night, you need to take a look at his costume. Candy that he received was placed in the pipe, where a bag was attached underneath.


Our neighbors Brian and Rachel just spoil the poo out of the boys. They get their own entire bowl of candy. Its ridiculous. We our on our way to the other cul-de-sac and after the second house the bag comes out from underneath. No biggie. I pick up the candy and put it in another bag. Logan however gets by-passed by bigger kids running with bags and so he needs to get out and run as well. Okie-dokie. Now I'm carrying Bennet, his bag of candy, and now a tractor. This lasts for the next three homes. Bennet is done, so I suggest we venture over to our house, drop Bean off and we fix the bag. NOPE. The mention of "let's go home" set off a tyrant of a rage in Logan. I now have a hysterical, screaming-bloody murder, tears flowing from a toddler. Not only do I have that, I now have both cul-de-sacs full of trick-or-treaters staring at us. My logical thinking is to keep walking and he'll follow. He does, but the screaming gets worse. We get home, Jeremy is wondering if someone was mamed, but nope, it was just his toddler having a tantrum. After fixing the tractor and realizing that was all that needed to be done, Logan looks at me as we head out again and says "mom. mine not sad anymore. my not crying. let's do!!" Acts like nothing ever happened. Alrighty then.
We went down about six houses and then back up again (hitting the house that passes out jell-o shots to the parents twice b/c I really needed them). Logan even had his picture taken from someone who ended up working at John Deere! He couldn't believe his costume. By the time we got home two wheels had fallen off, but no meltdowns. Thank the lord. I'd do it all over again if I had to.

No comments: