This year started with some changes to our lives and schedules. In November I found a job and applied for it just before Thanksgiving. I received a phone call in the beginning of December for an interview. And guess what, the next day they called me and I got it! My first day was January 3rd.
I am a director and teacher for a preschool in St. Paul and just love it! It's part time, so it works perfect for working during the day and yet being home in time to get the boys right after their nap. The staff, kids and parents are wonderful!
Our boys also had to adjust to the change of not being at home with me anymore. This was huge. We had to quickly find a place for both kiddos, and one that was preschool certified for Logan. And still on the cheap side. We found one in town and is a home care and both boys love it. It only took six days of tears, crying, waking up early and going to bed early in order to love it.
However, before all this new job and daycare changes....Bennet gets a sinus infection. We put him on antibiotics and allergy meds since this is his third infection in six or so weeks. This would also be the third time he has ever been on antibiotics. And on Sunday, January 2nd, we're in the Children's ER with a severe reation. Apparently he's now allergic to amoxicillin like me. The poor thing was covered in hives. Head. to. toe. After several days on Benedryl they cleared up. It was not fun. Especially when it was the day before we all had to go back to work/daycare. But we managed.
Other than that, we are fairly boring. The boys now go to bed early, which is sort of nice. Jer and I get to actually talk without being interrupted. And watch our shows at night:) If I can stay up for them though. That 5am alarm clock comes pretty quickly.
My dad, also known as papa o, is having a procedure done on his cancer, where they plan to freeze it. It's the best option for him out of the few that were given to him, but even though it seems like the easy one, he will be out of commission for 6-8 weeks. Please keep him in your prayers next week.
1 comment:
Yeah! I am so glad you found such a great job! If you ever feel like getting a break from the cold, we would love to have you in Austin!
Post a Comment