Thursday, June 7, 2012
kindergarten camp
Our summer is off to a crazy start! Logan started Kindergarten camp this week. I can't believe he is going to kindergarten this fall!! My babe is growing up.
The first day of camp was great. Logan was pumped to head off to school and meet new friends. Bennet and I headed over to a friends' house to help out with their twins. The second day of camp....not so good. Logan came running out of the room crying because he was going to miss me. I think the reality of being away from Bennet and mom, as well as heading to school, kicked in for him. I gave him a quick hug and kiss, left him crying with the teacher, and took off. At pick up time, he was completely fine. Yesterday and today he said that school was 'wonderful' because he has a great friend named Josh to play with. I guess Josh is pretty cool and is nice. Always a good sign that he's having fun.
Bennet and I are staying busy with house work and hanging with our friends' twin babies. Next week will be filled with projects around the house (painting a shelf for the kitchen and painting our shutters). I'm sure I will find many other things to do too:)
Our garden is growing like crazy as well!! We've had a lot of spinach to pick and eat (except now I have some sort of worm/caterpillar eating it). I'm hoping this organic spray will keep them off of it. I have one yellow bell pepper growing, should have about 15 strawberries, 30 pea plants, 10 bean plants, squash, cucumbers, carrots, 4 tomato plants, and 10 pepper plants (many are green, red and some hot).
I did lose about 10 bean plants due to rabbits and too much rain, but they aren't bothering anything anymore. I will have to post a picture of our garden when I get a chance. I am just loving this garden though!! I wish I would have done in sooner. But then again I think I would have failed at it since the boys were little and I could barely get anything done at those times. The boys love helping me water and collect spinach, as well as watch everything grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment