Tuesday, September 11, 2012
First Day of Kindergarten
We officially have a school-aged child! Logan began Kindergarten this fall and there are a lot of mixed emotions with it. I never thought this day would come so soon, but it did. Logan was SO excited for this day--to ride a bus!! And supposedly to learn as well. But the bus is the main highlight of his day.
Jeremy and I were both a wreck. I think between the two of us we took a million pictures and videos. We each had a camera and our phone to capture every moment we could. I even took a picture of him as I was trying to wake him up in the morning. We are "the crazies."
When the bus pulled up he was the first one to get in line and hop on the bus. He of course had to pick the window seat so he could see every move the bus made. Jeremy then flew in his truck and followed it to school. My immediate thought out loud was "what did I just do? I put my kid on a bus?" So then I put Bennet in his carseat, which by this time Jeremy was probably at Logan's school. We then of course got pictures of him getting off the bus and into the school.
It's such a weird feeling to have control of your child's every move as they are young and then when they go to school you lose every ounce of it. They immediately become independent and grown up, like they know everything now. Their attitudes change, their personality changes, even they way they think. It's a completely different child. We no longer can help him with anything, he speaks his mind about every little conversation....what happened to my kid? He's a Kindergartener and is going to conquer the world.
It's great to see him grow up and become independent, but I have a sense of loss as well. I still have a hard time believing I am putting him on a bus everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment