Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Mass chaos
As a mom of two boys, I didn't think life could be more chaotic and crazy as last weekend. It started on Thursday when Jeremy and I made the decision to buy a new bed. a sleep number bed! my number is a 25. Jeremy is a 35. its funny how the sales people say their name and sleep number when they greet you. I feel like i should now too. Later that night we then had to take the dryer apart due to a loud, weird noise. We thought we could fix it after looking it up on you tube DIY videos. We worked awhile on it; greasing the pulley, cleaning it all out, and eventually putting it back together. We thought we fixed it.....and then Friday night came.
Logan was sleeping in my bed until Jeremy came home. Ten minutes later...Logan was throwing up. So I changed him up, got new sheets, and put Bennet in my bed. As soon as I got the bedding in the wash, wiped down the bathroom, he startd again. It's funny how no matter how hard they try, and you beg, they never can make it to the toilet or in the garbage can. So round two of stripping him down and the bed as well. Bedding one in the dryer and number two in the wash. By five o'clock am, I had washed all the bedding and cleaned the house.
A hour or two later, we are all up and getting ready for Bennet's skating lessons. I survived that, and I think Bennet did too. Lets see if we do again this weekend! The two of us get home to no one home. Apparently the dryer died. It started to smell hot and the motor died. Later we found that the gas pipe had a kink in it! Nothing like blowing up the house! We ordered the new dryer...but doesn't arrive for five days. Ugh.
I spent the rest if the day washing the bedding all over again because it stunk like gas and dried everything at the neighbors. Thank god for great neighbors! Sunday was quiet until we went to bed. Bennet got the flu at 8:30! The first time he has been sick with the flu. The poor thing was sick all night! Three sets of Jammie's, two sets of bed dings later, and another night of no sleep and cleaning the house.
Two days later, I think we are all getting back to normal. The boys are slowly getting their appetites back. The dryer comes in two days and I can't wait to do laundry! Our new bed arrives on Friday, and I can't wait to finally sleep in my own bed. With no kids.
Pics to come on the skating lessons! They are pretty cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment