Friday, March 6, 2009

11 week appt & other stuff

We had our appt this morning and all is well! Well, at first we were nervous. The doctor was trying to find the heartbeat and couldn't hear anything but mine, but we could hear the placenta, so we knew there was something in there making me feel sick all the time. So we had a quick ultrasound to see it. Sure enough the baby was hiding behind my placenta. We saw the heartbeat and it's going strong at 165! It was so nice to see how big the baby has gotten the past four weeks. My doctor is soo awesome too! She's so open and honest, takes her time to talk with us, and if we can't find the heartbeat she'll do an ultrasound to calm my nerves.
We're determined its a girl (at least the doctor and I are). This child is making me sick all the time (no puking though but at times I wish I just would), making my hair go dark and ugly, and adding more curl to it. Not fun. But it's all worth it.
She's not too worried about bed rest, though Jeremy is which is very understandable. I think I'm more laid back about it since we know what to expect this time; I also went full term with Logan even after a month off of bed rest and walking Rox a mile or two every few days. But we will just wait and see how things go, and take one day at a time.

Logan also has become a little clingy, which makes drop offs a little hard on both of us. I'm hoping this is just a phase and that it won't get worse when summer or the baby comes.

This weekend will be busy. We have our school carnival and silent auction tomorrow, and I get to have my hair colored! YEAH!!! finally.

No comments: