Tuesday, June 30, 2009

7 months!!!

Yes, it's official, I'm already 7 months! I can't believe how fast it is going, yet I would like it to go a little faster at times. I'm in the last trimester and excited that I'm able to be out and about. This time with Logan's pregnancy, I would have been on 3 weeks of bed rest and locked away in the basement:)
I'm starting to have little Braxton Hicks as of yesterday, but doctor said it was normal. As long as the contractions aren't continuous and frequent, which they aren't, I should be fine. Let's hope they stay this way for awhile. If all else fails, I have to start taking meds to keep them under control.
Other than that, doctor's appointment went well this morning. I'm measuring a little over 28 weeks; she thinks the baby will be about the same size as Logan was when he was born (7 lbs 11 oz); and his heart rate was a healthy 150. I also passed the glucose test, but now need to wait on the iron levels. I ended up being low on iron with Logan, so I'm hoping that I'm not with this boy. That would be one more pill I would have to take and right now I feel like a pharmacy.
I've also had the itch to start washing all the baby clothes yesterday. Had to throw a few of them away--Logan was quite the puker as a baby, so many of the jammies and onsies were yellow. I still have way too many 0-3 months stuff, so throwing them out won't even put a dent in the pile of clothes.
I'm starting to get really excited for this baby to be here. Getting everything out and washed is making things surreal. It's hard to remember Logan being so tiny when folding all those baby clothes. It's crazy how fast they grow up. You blink once and something is new and different about them. Logan is such a big boy now--he's communicating so well, active as ever, and such a flirt/show-off.
Seeing him love other babies assures me that he is going to be such a great big brother. I know that when this one is old enough to start playing, they will be great buds. Logan can teach him all the tricks...

No comments: