Saturday, September 5, 2009

catching up with Bennet

Now that everyone has been fed and is sleeping, I can finally have some time to post on events that have happened these past three weeks. I've tried to post twice, but Logan seemed to have erased all of my work both times with his lego cars and trucks as they drove across the keyboard. I had to give up after that b/c I wasn't too thrilled of everything going "oh uh" or "bye bye." But now is my chance to update all of you on everyone in our crazy household.
Bennet came home when he was 5 days old. He weighed 5 lbs 8 oz, so he only lost about 5 ounces, which is pretty good. We had a visit from the home nurse, and his jaundice went back up after being at home, so we had to make a visit to the pediatrician. Two days later we went for his 1 week old visit/check up, and he weighed the same and his jaundice went down. However, he was having a hard time with the nursing, so I was pumping the majority of times and then bottle feeding. This also allowed us to see how much he was getting, so it was kind of nice. It was also nice to take a break from my "milking machine" since they were about to fall off. Logan has sadly come to understand "baby's milk" and his famous quote when he sees me putting things together "mama. pump??" Yep...
Since Bennet was doing good at not losing any weight, but not really gaining any weight, we had to make another appt at 1 1/2 weeks to see if there was any weight gain. Um...let's just say he's a little piggy. He gained 6 1/2 ounces in 5 days! He weighed in at 5 lbs 14.5 oz! Because of this enormous weight gain, he doesn't have to be seen until his one month appt. I'm anxious to see what he will be at that appt. Other than that, really not much as changed. He continues to eat, sleep, puke and poo. We did put him on Zantac at 2 weeks because he was puking so much, as well as curling up in a ball and crying. He was bound to have it, but it's much worse than what Logan had. Poor thing has to take meds 3 times a day. It seems to help but he's still a great puker. For those who love to hold him--always wear rain gear or have a puke rag on hand. You will get puked on:)
Logan is loving his "baby" or "broder" more and more. He goes over to Bennet saying 'hi hi baby' and giving Bennet lots of kisses on his head or tummy. Logan loves to help get his boppy (which I'm thinking it's b/c there is still a desire for them) or help with holding him. He does get a little jealous of sharing mom when he's extremely tired, but that is expected. He will always be my little baby.
We've had lots of visitors since Bennet has been home, as well as a few trips to work to see people. No major travel trips yet, but that will come next weekend for a family wedding and baptism.
Here are some pictures of some visitors with Bennet:



I can't believe that he is already 3 weeks old. I have no idea where the time went. Everything right now is a blur. All I do is eat, feed...maybe sleep here and there. Its hard to get things done around the house when you have 2 under the age of 2, and one of them is attached to the boob. As he gets older, he is nursing better and more often. A good thing, yet harder. Especially when that toddler of mine wants to do something. However, I do have to say...he does have a lot of patience when it comes to this. When I'm not with Bennet, that's when there is no patience. Oh well, can't have it all. I'm lucky to have two easy-going kids and a very helpful hubby.

No comments: