Monday, September 28, 2009

Seriously...when it rains it pours!

Now I don't want this to sound like I'm complaining, b/c I'm not. I thought I would share how crazy and insane the past week was in our house. I can actually laugh about it b/c it just doesn't seem like things could be that crazy all at one time...but I guess it can b/c it happened to us.
This past week has been very nutty at our house. I would actually say beyond chaotic. Thank goodness I can laugh about all the craziness. It all started with getting mastitis about ten days ago. Bennet wasn't also doing so good with nursing and w/my boobs hurting horribly, I put him on formula while I pumped. I also wanted to see if his reflux would get any better or his gas/puking issues too. The following day we had someone come out to see our truck and they wanted to buy it! Great news, huh? Sure! We started to look at what color of truck we wanted to buy since we knew what type and kind. Jeremy brings the truck to the dealer to transfer over everything while I'm home with the two boys. Bennet was eating his dinner bottle and he starts to choke, going blue on me. I'm panickly pounding him on his back and stuff is shooting out of his nose and mouth. That was my last straw. I called in to get an appt to figure out what his deal was. Nothing seemed to be working. Jeremy gets home to the drama and only adds more to it. He found the perfect truck on the lot--only to find out it was just sold. Bummer. He had two others he eyed, only to find that the blue truck was in SD and the maroon truck was a dealer truck. Neither of them panned out. So on the search for a different truck. After a lot of drama and stress he found one in Alabama. Bad news--its not coming for at least a week! One car + two kids = no fun...but we will do our best.
The next day was Bennet's appt to figure out his issues. After adjusting his reflux meds and putting him on a new formula, we find out he has a milk allergy, or is lactose intolerant. He is an easier baby being on these new meds, but still likes to puke every now and then. I will tolerate that over the constant crying.
On Friday we were getting ready to head out of town. Jeremy and Logan were heading to ND for our niece's baptism, where Bennet and I were heading up north for Maggie's bridal shower.
Thursday was probably the most dramatic day. For those that know me, Jeremy likes to make me aware of this fact all the time and I happily admit it, know I'm a drama queen at times. I woke up with horrible big red itchy spots on my waist. My first reaction was bug bites. Then I start spazzing that I may have bed bug bites. Yeah, in MN, right? So I ask Jeremy if he has any bites. Nope, but everyone at his work thinks its a funny situation. When Jeremy got home, my rash got worse. (A side note--I'm on those antibiotics for that mastitis). He thinks its dry skin...I think bites. That night I was hoping to finish all the laundry before our weekend, and what do you know....the darn dryer quits. At this point I'm really irritated b/c I have two loads of wet laundry waiting to be dried and I'm itching all over. Instead, we use our entire basement as a clothesline until we figure out what the deal is.
Friday morning I'm covered in more red rashes. It's now on my legs. Thank goodness I have my postpartum appt. I find out that I am allergic to penicillin, so she prescribes me a new antibiotic to finish for the next four days. Okay I say!
We head out of town and go our separate ways. Saturday morning was Maggie's bridal shower. It was such a great time. She got so many cool things. I think it should be mandatory that every five to ten years brides should be able to register for new things. We all thought it was a great idea!
That afternoon my rash was getting worse. I'm now taking Benadryl and my allegra on top of this new med. I wake up this morning and its now out of control and in areas it should not be. I call in to the clinic to find out that I'm allergic to this new med she had me on. I guess if you have an allergy to penicillin, there could be a cross over of some sort. I'm that cross over. And not to mention we have one car. Logan is at daycare; Jeremy is at work; I'm at home w/B and no car. But Jeremy is coming to get me to get some cortisone shots to help me with the itches:) Let's pray it works. I'm ready to chop limbs off.
Oh, the great news....our dryer got fixed this morning! It was the thermal fuse. This tiny little piece cost only $21. However...the labor.....$80. But I have a working dryer!
Let's hope that the rest of the week can only get better. I'm looking forward to our new truck. I hope it gets here soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness... You are not a drama queen, that is a lot to deal with in a very short amount of time!!!! It is pouring at your house!