We got into ND with them getting lots of snow. It's funny how every year we have a white Christmas. Even if it doesn't snow until that morning....there is always snow. This year, it was a five day blizzard! I think I was starting to go a little bonkers with all that snow. Thank goodness for four-wheel drive!
Christmas Eve we spent with my family at my brother's house. We were all there but Mark, Rachel and their kids. I think starting next year we may have to rent a banquet room due to the rising number of family members. If I am counting right, I think there is about 24 of us! Becky, you are the only one left to add members! :)
The Otterness family traditions are quite unique, but it's fun to have them. We all meet at church for a service, then gather at one house afterwards (and Lord are we crowded), eat rice pudding and Danish Dumpling soup (along with way too many yummy apps), sing carols, wait for Ho-Ho to arrive (who always manages to arrive while singing those lovely, yet crazy carols), and then open all of our presents (imagine 24 people opening presents--the paper...and the noise)!! Gotta love it though. After all the chaos simmers down, we sip on some coffee, slowly usher out to head to our homes and then off to bed we go.
Christmas morning we wake up at the Henriksen's. Santa has arrived there as well, filling our stockings full of goodies. We wait until Dawn, Chris and the kids come over to open all the presents, and then we eat a delicious breakfast!
After Christmas is over, we scramble to see everyone one last time before we head back to the cities. This year, not so much. We all were stuck in the house due to horrible blizzard conditions. Jeremy and I managed to get out to see a few high school friends, but that was about it. No annual shopping at the malls to catch a few deals, or head to the Polar Patch for some outdoor winter fun. Maybe next year.
It was hard to leave, yet we were all ready to get back to our own beds. I love heading back home to see everyone. We don't get back very often, so when we do go we pack as much as we can in to that short frame of time.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

No comments:
Post a Comment