Sunday, December 13, 2009

a xmas party, funeral and family xmas all in 2 days

Yep, it was quite the weekend for us. Friday night was Jeremy's department holiday party, as well as the first time we used a babysitter other than a family member. I was nervous to be honest; not knowing what the boys would be like for her. I prepped Logan a few days in advance so he would get use to the idea of having someone else "playing" with him. It went so great! Logan was very excited and hyper when she came--jumping, running and screaming all over the place. He had to sit on the stairs to calm down. He ended up being the easy child. Bennet had a big bubble (didn't know at first) he couldn't get out so he was pretty fussy. She managed him really well (even with being puked on twice--on a nice white puffy vest). Once he got it out he ate his bottle and passed out. Logan finished his movie with her and went to bed easily. I'm glad it went well being this was our first time. I was nervous about leaving her with a fussy baby, but she insisted that I leave and have fun. I will fess up--I think I checked my phone every 10 minutes, but there was no call. She had it all under control. We plan on having her come over after the holidays to watch the boys again while we go out to eat with the cav's.
Saturday morning we got ready for a funeral. Our dear Pastor Bayert passed away on Wednesday morning due to complications in surgery. It was a very hard funeral. We celebrated his life and accomplishments. He will be missed dearly.
After the funeral we headed up to Alex for Jeremy's dad's side for Christmas. Even though we were only there for a few hours, it was great to see everyone. Grandma looked good and was very alert. She got tired at the end, but we managed to get a few pictures with her. We had lots of food and drinks, like we always do, but it turned out great. We didn't get back home until 11:00pm. The kids and I apparently had fallen asleep for most of the ride back home:)
Here's grandma w/the kids

Here's grandma with us


On Sunday we gave Logan one of his presents--a sled. With all the snow we got last week our yard is perfect for sledding. At night they went on the snowmobile. (Logan has been nervous about getting his helmet on for a few months, but now that we have snow he is very excited to get it on and go with daddy).


No comments: