Wednesday, January 20, 2010

life is a blur...

Right now things have been so busy that they are all blending together. After the holidays school started up again and so that means long days and barely getting anything accomplished.
Logan started to potty train when we got back from ND. He started out doing really well and was eager to go in the big boy potty. Then when he started back at Pam's it was frustrating. He was having up to three accidents a day with her. But, we didn't give up or get mad. Now he is accident free (so far this week) and waking up dry from naps and bed time!!! He is very excited about it. When we have a week of no accidents he will get to finally open his four wheeler! He is also going to visit my school on Friday, also known as the "big boy school." I think I am more nervous about him being there than he or anyone else is. I'm just nervous that he will be too little and not ready since we do have a lot of trasitions than he is use to. It's also the pottying. Not so sure he will go to the bathroom by himself there, but if all else fails they can come and get me. Jeremy keeps reminding me not to coddle him while he is there. I will do my darn-dest. He's my baby....and he's growing up to become this big boy. He wants to be like the big boys now I guess. Thank goodness he likes to cuddle at night with us.
Bennet is also getting big. He laughs and talks up a storm. He looks up to his bigger brother all the time, and just lights up when Logan talks to him. I can't wait to see what the two will be like when Bennet starts moving and talking! Should be interesting...
Bennet also turned five months this month. He is now sleeping through the night--anywhere from 8-10 hours a night!! Most mornings I have to wake him up before I head to work. I'm now hurrying in the mornings so that I can feed him before heading to Pam's. He is also starting to eat baby foods and oatmeal. He LOVES pears, apple sauce and sweet potatoes. As for carrots--note to self, never feed them to Bennet again. Let's just say both of our white shirts were no longer white by the end of the night. He projectiled those carrots all night until he went to bed. Green beans and peas were not one of the favorites--he would cry while eating them. We will retry them next week. Overall, he's doing really well and is eating like a horse.
He's not quite rolling over, but is half ways there. He rolled from his tummy to his back on Sunday but hasn't done it since. Maybe it will happen soon again.
Jeremy and I are very busy with work lately. We seem to be taking turns working late at night. Next week things should settle down and hopefully we can have a family meal again where we are all at the table:)

No comments: