Sunday, January 24, 2010

the mastery of pete and poopy

The past month Logan has been working on potty training. We've had our rough patches throughout the month, but overall we can say that he is doing really well. This past week he only had two accidents!!! The best part--he is telling us now if he has to go poopy or pete (pee). He will come up to us and tell us, "mommy...potty or poopy." Afterwards he runs to tell the other one of us "daddy...my pete or poopy!!" It's hilarious and very rewarding that he is able to recognize the signal and let us know he's got to go. He is also able to stay dry during naps now too, so we know that he is almost at the end of the road with this. Because he did so well this week, he got to open his 'potty' prize--a four wheeler with a trailer! The look on his face was priceless. He will share with anyone why he got it...."my went potty!"

Friday he also visited my school for the entire day. I think I was more nervous than he was. I for sure thought he was going to be peeled off of me or not want to be in the preschool room with a different teacher or pee his pants all day long. Nope. He proved me wrong. He was a little shy at first, but when he saw a little girl he knew he held her hand and dragged her down the hallway. Every time I saw him, he had the biggest smile on his face! He was so proud to be a big boy. I was so sad to see my baby all grown up....
He didn't nap well, but I knew that would happen. The best part--I had to peel him out of there. A great sign of a good day! We're hoping that if his potty training continues to go well, he will start Tesseract sometime this spring.

No comments: