Friday, May 21, 2010

A busy 9 months

My baby is 9 months old already!! I can't believe how fast it's going. It's so sad to see how fast they grow, yet it's exciting to see them learn new things. A double-edged sword I guess.
Bennet has had already a busy 2 weeks. He was baptized on the 16th. He did great! Except for puking on my white pants right as I was getting up to have him baptized. Oh well, life wouldn't be life if Bennet wasn't puking on someone. He just sat and watched everyone while our Pastor talked and showed him off to the congregation. Thank goodness he didn't puke on the Pastor!

Bennet also got to go swimming for the first time over the weekend while everyone was here. We took advantage of the hotel pools to let the two boys swim. Bennet loves the water. He just splashes and relaxes while being in there. It's like one big tubbie!

Bennet also had his 9 month checkup this morning. Not sure if it went well or not. We'll start with the good news...
**he's 29 inches long--almost a 3 inch growth spurt!!
**he weighs 18.1 lbs--if he'd stop puking I think he would be much heavier.
**he loves to roll over a lot now. took him awhile to like it and get use to all the puking while he does it. My carpet looks like a war scene of puke stains.
**he wants to crawl so bad but can't figure out the back leg motion. He tries to get on all 4's from sitting and then usually gives up because it's too much work and he gets mad.
**is starting to do "so big" and tries to mimic the sounds as well! i love it! however, if you want him to do it, or try to have him perform on camera, good luck. he's got quite the personality. He will only do things on his terms. I'm not sure if this is a sign for fun times ahead??
**grunts when he gets irritated or mad or doesn't want to do anything. hmmmmm. another sign??
**he has 2 teeth completely in on the bottom; 1 just broke through the other day on the bottom; and now we are waiting for the other bottom and 3 top to come through. So let's just say his nose and mouth are non-stop running. Like Logan says "mom, my gotta catch my nose."

now for the not so good news....
I'm not taking it as bad news because I don't feel that I need to be worried until or if they find anything that I need to be worried about.
Bennet's head has grown a lot since his 6 month checkup. Now, if anyone knows my kids.....they have big heads. Logan had a huge melon (sorry babe, but you did) while he was a baby and now that he's a toddler he has grown into it. Bennet is the same way. He just has a big head and it wants to have a growth spurt right now. But, his doctor wants to make sure that there isn't anything else underlining this growth spurt. Overall, for being a preemie, he is developing like a normal baby. It's just that darn head. So next week we are going to have an ultrasound on his head to see if there is any "extra" fluid in there that is putting pressure on his brain (could be the reason for puking so much too I guess). If the ultrasound doesn't work we have to do a ct scan. I'm not liking that too much b/c they would have to sedate him in order to have it done. They say that they maybe could have it done without sedation, but I'm not seeing that happening. He's too busy and mobile. And I dont' want him to be strapped down screaming bloody murder. That would be worse for me.....and him. Neither of my boys have had to be sedated and I don't know if I want that to happen just yet. So.....not fun news. I think I'm more worried about the possibility of sedation and/or being strapped down. That scares me more.

No comments: