Wednesday, May 12, 2010

week 3, day 2

It's week 3 and day 2 of construction, and we are seeing results!! The last two weeks were mainly digging up the yard, actually destroying the yard in the process too. They also poured the concrete floor for the new garage space. Then we had a lot of rain. Not just one day, but multiple days. Which then results in nothing getting built. I need patience but it's hard when you're so excited for something you've been wanting so badly and for so long!
Here's our concrete slab for the garage floor. They also painted the brick to match the color of our house!



This week they are working on the framing. We are actually seeing the shape and form on things. The first day was simple framing and only a half days of work due to more rain.

Today they were able to get a lot done. The rain held off until they left, thank goodness! They finished the frame work of the new garage space, as well as the outer walls and ceiling. Then when it was nap time for the kiddos, they needed to get in the garage to rip down the wall. I am shocked at how they slept through the noise. Roxie was so terrified that she couldn't settle down. I even think something fell off the wall in Bennet's room. But, when I went out to take a look, I was amazed at how much they got done. I also saw all the sawdust in the garage. That won't be a fun project to clean up in the end....

Here's the entry into the new garage space


Here is the back end of the new garage


Here is the view from the back yard. Our bedroom will sit on top of this space!

No comments: