Wednesday, July 14, 2010

oh so much to say

It has been a few weeks since I have been able to blog. And there is sooo much to blog about! I will try to make it short and sweet, but those that know me, know that I LOVE to chat! :)

1. First things first........Our house addition is FINALLY done!! Yippee!! I am extremely happy that it is done and that we are all in our own bedrooms again! This has been a long 10 weeks, but well worth every dirty day! We have been in our house for a little over 7 years. We weren't sure if we wanted to move or add on, but with the economy and the two of us not agreeing on finding a new place, we decided to do the addition. By doing this addition, we added a master bed and bath, as well as another garage space.
It is sort of weird to have a new hallway in our house. Upstairs was only 2 bedrooms and a bath. Now it is 3 bedrooms, a hallway and 2 baths! I just love it. If you didn't know:) There are a few things that need to get fixed yet (our gutters are leaking in a couple spots and we had to reseed a portion of our back yard). Otherwise it is done! I am enjoying it and can see myself staying in this house for a long time. I also now want to start fixing other areas but I have to pace myself. I also need to find things to put in our bedroom and bath. I am in search for anything antique-ish. I've got a few places that I am going to search at but if you know of anywhere else, let me know! Here are a few pix of the new spaces:
back of house before:

back of house after:






2. We headed back to ND for a long weekend to hang out with family, as well as for me to drop off our cabinets for our garage to be refinished by Jeremy's dad. My parents also gave me a chest of drawers that dates back to 1850! It was from the local bank in Page, ND. My grandparents somehow got it from the bank, and my grandpa Andy used it in his garage for his tools. There are some oils stains on the top, but it gives it a little character and some fun memories of my grandpa. My parents were given the dresser when he passed away, and had it refinished. Since I am the antique freak of our family, I thought it would be perfect in our new bedroom! It has the original handles on it (some are even dented out) but are all in great shape. It's made of oak and is horribly heavy. But I just love it! Thanks mom and dad!! Besides getting the dresser, we were able to see family and celebrate a few birthdays while we were back. My nephew Broc plays baseball, and so we had the chance to see a few of those games.

3. Bennet is now 11 months old!!! I can't believe that I am creating his 1 year birthday invites and planning his birthday party. He should not be turning 1 in a month! He is suppose to be my little baby. No matter how hard I try to keep him little, he fights to be bigger than he really is. He is refusing to eat any baby food (I can maybe get him to eat fruit if he gets a spoon), which makes meals harder now. I have to plan them around things that he can eat. He pretty much loves anything that I have given him (sausage, pancakes, grilled cheese, green beans, peas, potatoes, bread, and hamburger). You'd think that he would want to be big and drink from a sippy cup? Nope. He only wants his bottle or drink out of a cup. This child is very head strong that I am fearing for what he will be like when he gets older.

4. Bennet is also crawling like crazy. He pulls himself up on anything and is now walking around furniture. He has 8 teeth and I think he is getting more. He can say dada, daddy, ma (only when he is mad or tired), nah-nee (used for both food and nah-night), and if you really listen he will say hi and dat.

5. I still haven't found a job. I'm waiting to find out about a position hopefully next week. It has been really nice being off of work, and so I'm torn between searching for one and getting one:)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'm the antique LOVER in my family too!!!! :) I have revamped my living/dining room in antiques/ rustic looking, but I love a dash of pottery barn simple look mixed in. I wish we could go antiqueing together - we would have a blast. Your new dresser sounds gorgeous, Please take a picture for me :)