On Friday night Jeremy and I decided that after supper Logan should open his presents from us. I think this will be an annual event for us since we are always traveling back to ND for the holidays. It's much easier to do and less things we have to pack and bring back. This year we got Logan some new clothes, a Thomas the Train backpack and a Little Tikes car garage. Here he is opening up his presents....
He just loves the car garage. The cars and Logan make noise when you push them! :)
Round Two:
Saturday morning we traveled up north to see Al, Shannon, Emily, Justin, Will, Holly, Owen, Jake and the million dogs! We started the morning out by traveling through the icky snow storm, but roads weren't too bad. We have our truck to drive through any kind of weather. We did see a few cars in the ditch, but I'm sure they were the crazy drivers, as we like to call them. The boys were busying making sausage, so the kids and girls had a beer or two and caught up on all the latest news. Logan had lots of fun playing with his cousin Owen. Apparently Owen had been waiting for Logan all morning! The two were pretty entertaining! We even caught a small glimpse of them dancing to the "fish that sings." Let's just say they are related when it comes to dancing:
After that we had to head even more up north to see Rich, Judy, Maggie, Clay, Joe, Tina, Marilyn and Gary. Which means.....
Round Three:
By the time we got to the third family Christmas, Logan was pooped. He had only napped for five minutes and had to stay awake for a few more hours to eat and open presents. I don't think he cared, but let's just say we all paid for it later with his mood. The boys were on a mission to party it hard, and they all succeeded. Tina and Clay stayed up late with them. I was the party pooper and had fallen sleep pretty early. I was with Logan--exhausted!
Judy had tons of food, like she always does but is always worth the belly-ache afterwards, all ready for us when we arrived. Everyone was ready to have a few (mainly the boys, but Tina and I were trying). Jeremy got out the Tequila we had got for Rich and Judy when we were in Mexico.....I have a lot of discriminating evidence of a few persons drinking from the bottle!!! :) I just may have to put them on the blog! Logan now calls Judy "aunt." She was pretty excited to hear that. We are still trying to work on Maggie, but he's refusing. Soon though Maggie, I promise!
Logan helped Maggie pass out presents, if that is what you want to call it. I think he 'threw' them more instead of handed them. Thank goodness there weren't any fragile ones. Here's our monkey passing out presents:

Here's Logan with one of his new presents. He is into anything that he can push, pull or drag. Go figure.

Sunday morning we packed up early and headed home after eating another awesome meal of Judy's. The roads were icy since it had snowed about six inches at their place. Again, we made it home safely but saw a few cars in the ditch again.
Today Logan and I were busy running errands, getting the oil changed and tires rotated on the truck, and I also got my hair cut. It's pretty cute! I'm liking the new short look. Tomorrow it will be the same routine but with the car this time. Tonight we are finishing up the last minute cleaning and packing, as we are heading back to ND on Wednesday morning for rounds 4 and 5 of our family Christmas'. I think we may need to combine a few. It gets to be a lot, but when you look at it, it's all worth the hassle.
Hope all of you have a safe and Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment