We survived our trip to Mexico. It was really hard coming back--especially since there was snow and very cold temperatures greeting us.
We left Thanksgiving morning with no problems. I dropped Logan off the night before (and yes, I held it together...for about two minutes). But once we were in Mexico I didn't have a hard time being away from him. Our resort was AWESOME; the weather was perfect; and the beach was to die for! We had soo much fun!
I can't explain what we did each day, b/c they all seemed to run together. We were on "mexico time"--you don't know the time or day!
Jeremy and I got there first, and then a bunch of friends met up with us on Friday after turkey day. We stayed at the resort a bunch; laid on the beach everyday; walked downtown Playa Del Carmen to visit some local shoppes, as well as a few nightclubs; we went on an excursion for an entire day where we snorkeled, tubed down a river, jumped off a cliff, and caught a few sunrays; and then we rented a catamaran (?) for an hour, which is also a funny story!
I felt pretty adventurous and did a few things for the first time while we were down in Mexico:
1. Flew to Mexico!
2. Flew over the ocean...yikes...
3. Swam, played and jumped waved in the ocean (with no help at all--for some of you, I am completely nervous of open water so this was a big step for me).
4. Ate sushi
5. snorkeled (at least tried--I had a hard time understanding not to breath through my nose)
6. Jumped off a cliff into a little lagoon area
7. Tried lobster...not so sure I like it though
8. Had a parrot sit on my head
9. Went on a cataraman and survived to tell all of you! (Wes, you did a great job as the captain)!
10. Took a few shots of tequila (Don Julio) and didn't puke!!! (well, I wanted to a few times but didn't).
Overall, we had such a blast! We met some really fun people, exchanged a few numbers, and had some great friends to hang out with in such a beautiful place. I wish I could go back....maybe in a few years....:)
We have a TON of pictures, so here are just a few to show off. The rest will have to be seen from my scrapbook or through shutterfly.



1 comment:
ahhh I'm so jealous and sooo happy you had a wonderful relaxing time. You guys needed that I'm sure!! Love the pictures and would love to see the rest!
Post a Comment