Wednesday, April 28, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!

Three years ago our first baby boy was born 3 on Thursday morning, April 26th 2007. He was born at 4:49 am, weighing in at 7 lbs, 11 oz; 21 inches long; and LOTS of dark brown hair.
Since that day, he has brought many joys into our lives. The love for our Logan cannot be put into words. It took us three years with many highs and lows in between. I will never forget the morning I found out I was pregnant. We were on our last shot of fertility drugs, that gave me the worst side effects. I never knew if I was going to need a bathroom asap. The weekend before we found out we were at Cavanaugh's wedding and I wanted to have a glass of wine so bad (no drinking allowed on the drugs otherwise I would projectile vomit within 30 minutes). I took the risk anyways. However, nothing ever happened. I kept the 3 glasses of wine down the entire night. When I got home, I was wondering why that would be. Sunday morning I didn't think anything of it due to being busy all day. Monday morning I took the test....and obviously it came back positive!
The pregnancy was just as exciting and much of a roller coaster as was the 3 years of trying. I either had kidney stones (all attacks happened while Jeremy was out hunting of course, which he then would get in trouble with my doctor). The first attack I drove myself to the hospital (35 minutes away), thinking nothing of it. Well, they wouldn't let me drive home, so I had to call Jessie and Jeremy, both ended up coming to my aide.
At 25 weeks, Logan decided he wanted to come out. I woke up early in the morning not feeling so well. I went to work thinking things would go away, but I called my doctor just in case to see if I should worry. My doctor told me to come in asap to get checked out. Jeremy again had to leave work and pick me up. They hooked me up to the monitors and told me I was in labor. I was pretty freaked out since just a year or so earlier my sister went into labor and lost her baby at 25 weeks. They did an ultrasound to see how things looked, and sure enough my cervix was soft and extremely short. They pumped me full of drugs, gave me a ton of shots in the legs which were just horrible and painful, and prayed that the labor would stop. After 5 days in the hospital they said I could go home but had to be complete bedrest for 3 months. So, for the next 3 months I laid on my left side to ensure that he wouldn't come out early. Every other Friday he wanted to give Jeremy and I panik attacks b/c the drugs wouldn't work and so I would have to go in and get extra shots to stop the contractions.
After all of this hard work, lots of weight gained....Logan was only born 10 days early! I went off of bedrest at 36 weeks, and the little bugger wouldn't come out. He was too warm and comfy. Let's just say that determination and independence still rings strong! :) I can't believe my little boy is 3 years old. Happy Birthday Logan! Mommy and Daddy love you so much! You couldn't make us more proud!



No comments: