I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going, as well as the summer. I remember Logan's pregnancy dragging on b/c of the strict bed rest and dreary winter weather. I would look forward to my every other day shower and dr appts. Those were my highlights each week.
This pregnancy I've been able to stay away from such strict bed rest, but have several restrictions. No shopping, stressful cleaning or walking a lot. I'm still able to go see friends or go out to eat, as well as take care of Logan every day. Thank goodness he is pretty easy going. Makes my job easier and keeps me pregnant!
I had another appointment this morning b/c those darn contractions are starting to come back again. I've been having them more often lately, about once a week now. So today my doctor wanted to check if I would be going into preterm labor within the next two weeks. It's the last time she can do the test, so we thought why not? I won't be getting the results probably until next week Monday or at my 34 week appt on Tuesday morning. If it comes back positive, we are going to schedule an ultrasound to take a look at things internally. Hopefully that will give us a better idea as to when things will be happening. The positive result also means that within the next two weeks the odds are high of me going into labor, and the hospital won't stop the contractions either since I would be over 34 weeks. However, if the test comes back negative, there is a good chance that I could make it to our 36 week goal.
The doctor also checked to see if I was dialated at all--which I am only a fingertip. Not bad, but my cervix is soft as well but has an okay length. The baby's head is also starting to drop a little bit, but he's not "locked in." His heartrate was a healthy 145 and I'm measuring right on at 33 1/2 weeks. So good news, but with the other news I was told to really take things easy until Tuesday's appt and 34 mark. This will be easy since its the weekend and Jeremy will be home all day to help out with everyday chores and Logan. I will only have a full day on Monday of Logan, so not bad at all for taking it easy.
Otherwise, things are looking good for reaching our 1st goal of 34 weeks. Logan is also getting one of his 2 year molars (top right one I think), so we are on Motrin and Orajel like crazy. He's so funny when I ask him to come get his meds. His response is "mama..right der?" as he's opening his mouth and pointing to his teeth. He's my little ham. I had him measured last week--36-36 1/2 inches tall!! He had shoes on so I couldn't get an accurate number, but that is a 2-3 inch growth spurt since his April bday checkup! No wonder why...he's been eating and sleeping really well, even with this darn toother coming in! If only I could get his pants to stay on his skinny butt/hips. Tall and skinny he will be. Like his daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment