Thursday, January 22, 2009

I don't like mice

Okay, this is the third time we've had a mouse in our house since we've lived in it for almost eight years now. Yesterday morning I was having breakfast in the living room (I like to watch the news sometimes while I have a quick bowl of cereal). Jeremy was in the kitchen gathering his things as he was heading out the door, when all of a sudden a little mouse ran across the kitchen floor! I had to contain myself from screaming so I wouldn't wake up Logan. I was soo grossed out that I had to dump my cereal. Then I started freaking out about 'what if the mouse was by my feet as I was getting breakfast'! I couldn't handle it. I was ready to torch the house down! I just can't stand mice.
Jeremy's job yesterday was to get some traps to set up in the kitchen while we were sleeping. We were praying that we would catch it. Sure enough at 1:00am I woke up to this "flapping" noise. I woke Jeremy up and said that we got the mouse! He goes to the kitchen and quietly yells for me to come down. I go down....there's no mouse or trap! The stupid thing dragged it somewhere in the kitchen! So here we are on all fours trying to find the mouse or trap. Jeremy gets a flashlight and shines it under the stove--BINGO! Now we have to figure out how to get it out without moving the stove or losing the mouse. Those long wooden spoons from Pampered Chef work great! Jeremy shimmies the trap out carefully when out pops a mouse head! I flew up so fast and ran for the stairs before Jeremy could start laughing. Here it was two mice stuck on one trap! We were so worked up after all of that, that it was almost 3am before I went back to sleep. I DON'T LIKE MICE.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh that is SO stinking funny!! TWO mice on one trap?? no way! I hate mice too,it totally grosses me out. I still wonder how in the world they get up on counters??

EEBIE GEEBIES!!!!

Katie said...

That is gross and funny at the same time. We had a mouse in our old house and it made a little nest in my dish rags/dust rags under the kitchen sink. We also caught it and I never wanted to go behind the trash can again!

the henry's said...

Yeah, they are very gross! I'm glad they are gone though. Thank goodness that they were in the house for only a day! Obviously not very smart mice.

April said...

My question is how are they getting in????? I hate mice too and would be checking all the doors to make sure they were closing tightly!

the henry's said...

Jeremy left the garage open the night before and from there I don't know how they got in the house. We haven't had any since, so we got them all. thank goodness.