Thursday, June 24, 2010

so many things...

There are so many things that I need to blog about I don't know where to begin. The easiest way for me is to ramble on. So here I go....

Bennet is finally crawling on all fours!! He has been doing this for a week or so, but only about 3 steps and then he would stop. Now he is different about the whole concept and is funny about it. If you congratulate him about it or acknowledge him, he immediately stops and either sits or does a belly flop. So I've learned to get excited for him internally. I love it though. He shows how happy he is when he crawls because he searches for me and then has this ENORMOUS smile on his face.

Bennet is also pulling himself up on things, as well as standing on his knees. He thinks he is pretty cool that he can do these things now. If I am near him, for instance, he will crawl to me and then grab my legs and pull himself up. He even gets dramatic about it when he is really tired. Drama King.

Another Bennet moment is that he now has 8 teeth! For the past week he has had a "teething cold" due to the last two top teeth. The front and side left teeth are finally breaking through. Thank the lord! It has been a lot of sleepless nights for me the past week. And a lot of needy-ness from him too. He feels he needs to be held all the time and sorry bud, I have some bad news. That ain't happening.

Now for my big boy Logan. He has been such a sports fanatic lately, all he wants to do is play baseball. He's got quite the arm on him too! Our favorite thing to do when we are outside is play baseball in our cul-de-sac. He sets up his t-ball and we draw the bases with chalk. Anytime he hits a "home run" he runs around the bases and before he gets to home plate he needs to give me a "high five." He then tells me "drate dob mom."

Logan is also pretty excited for his new room, which leads me to my last rambling moment. We only have one more week of construction on the house! I am just thrilled for this project to be done. And let me tell you, even though it will be worth all the bumps at the end, there were some major bumps with this project. The latest pot hole was that late last night I realized that they put the wrong flooring in my bathroom! I was just mortified all night that I could barely sleep. I called our contractor at 7 this morning to tell him. He came out 15 minutes later, but not before the plumber came in to install the toilet. Our contractor told me this tends to happen when the home owner doesn't think it's the right flooring, but in the end it usually is. Well, I was 100% positive that this was the wrong flooring. I would have never picked this kind of flooring out. So, thankfully I was showered and ready to go into town to our carpet shop and explain to them they installed the wrong one. My designer was awesome when I came in. She was upset that they put the wrong one in as well, since that was not the flooring she ordered for me. Long story short--the carpet place will now be coming in and taking out the toilet, vanity and flooring; and then installing the right one and placing everything back in before next Wednesday. No extra charge. And before Wednesday. That is when the carpet will be coming and everything needs to be done before the carpet gets installed. It will be a mad house in here until then, but at least I get my flooring that I ordered. I was one stressed-out mama this morning! I keep telling myself, one more week. One more week. I can do this. The sad part is that even though they are done in one week, we are not. We will be putting in laminate in the kitchen/dining room/foyer areas. We will also then be putting in the same new carpet in our living room and two other staircases, as well as getting a closet system. I am hoping that then we will be done after that. Not to mention all the redecorating of rooms when we can move back into them. Of course, this all needs to be done slowly and surely. Baby steps.

Next week when this is all done I will be posting "befores" and "afters" for all of you that have been following our home remodeling project. You will be amazed at the final result. I just LOVE it!!

No comments: