Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You are my sunshine!

Sun!!! We finally have sun! I can't believe how long it has been since we've had nice 80 degree weather and the sun is shining. It was extremely nice outside today. A perfect day to go to the zoo.
The boys and I met up with Jess, Trevor and Ali at the zoo this morning. Logan and Trevor are just so darn cute and good with each other. They are just truly the bestest of buds. They enjoyed taking turns running ahead of each other, as well as making sure the other was being a good listener.
We fed the goats (note to self....do not bring food to feed the goats when entering their fenced in area). We were swarmed by goats because they could see and smell the little pellets of food in my hand. I could barely get the food into Logan and Trevor's hands because the goats would just go straight for it. I felt bad for this one goat because I thought she was expecting, so I tried to focus on giving her the food. Oh no....she's not expecting.....she's just very well fed! The thing looked like it was having twins! Nothing but love on her! It was fun to be in with the goats, but after having a couple jump on me, I was done. Let's just say it was quite the experience!
We continued to walk and let the boys run and play. Had a picnic so that Jess and I could feed the little tikes as well. We let the two run and play in the water area for awhile (note to self again....bring extra clothing for Logan to change into). We then walked around some more so that they would (or mostly Logan) dry off. But by 1:30 they all were shot. It was time to go. We had been there for 3 1/2 hours and we were all exhausted! It was timr for those naps. Logan even told me in the car that he was going to "nap in da tar mom. my tired awl-wight." I made sure he stayed awake though b/c he needed to change his clothes. He got upstairs, changed, jumped into bed, and then napped for 2 1/2 hours. I had to wake him up! I'm hoping for a good rest tonight too:)

No comments: