Tuesday, June 8, 2010

success, drywall and carpet

I did it! I finally did it! I redid everything and after analizing the directions on how to upload things, I figured it out. Now to figure out how to change the title of my blog....hmmmm...that can be tomorrow's project! :)

This morning the carpenters dropped off the drywall for the addition. Of course it had to be raining while this was done. I thought they would place all of it in the garage, but nope. The big truck and crane lifted them into Logan's window and they brought it through there. Logan loved seeing the truck work. Bennet was in awe, trying to figure out what that loud thing was. Roxie, our dog, freaked out. Not sure why, but she did. Our drywall guy is really nice. He brought his oldest son out to help. I guess they will be working on our house together. Kind of nice. They both immediately played and talked to the boys. I hope that this part of the process goes just as quick as everything else has.

The guy to lay carpet also came out today. He measured all the new spaces, as well as Bennet's room, living and dining room areas. Right now the plan is to replace everything in our top level--which means 3 bedrooms and 2 small hallways. I would like to redo the boys' bathroom, but don't think that will be happening anytime soon. When Bennet slows down with his puking, we will replace everything on the main level. Let's hope that its soon. I would like to have this all done this fall. I will add pictures of the new spaces tomorrow. All they have up right now is the insulation. Tomorrow and all week will be drywalling. May have to find things to do outside of the house--if it would stop raining.

No comments: