Yesterday we had two huge milestones occur in our household. After eating breakfast Logan asked me to go potty. I thought, yeah right but let's go try, and so after a few attempts he actually went!! So we clapped, yelled and cheered potty. His favorite "treat" is marshmallows, so I gave him one. He also was able to pick out a new matchbox car b/c he was so darn excited about it. I couldn't resist. We then had to call daddy at work to let him know the great news.
All day he wasn't interested in trying again, so I let it go. However, after our shower I asked if he wanted to try again and he plopped on the big potty again and was actually pushing to go! He was so darn cute. He would see little dribbles come out and look up at me with this huge smile and whisper "oh mama, potty!" So he would keep pushing just to see more come out! It was the best! So at 9:30 at night he ate another marshmallow, called daddy again to share the great news, as well as papa o. He woke up this morning and the first thing out of his mouth was...."mama. potty." We tried but without any success. I think this could have potential for a great start in being interested in going potty! I don't see this being a for sure thing until he's at least 3, especially with a brother coming on the way, but at least there is a spark of interest and he's very excited about it. Such a big boy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment