Sunday, July 19, 2009

what a weekend

We didn't really do much to call it a busy weekend, but it was crazy at times. Friday night we had our friend Mick over for dinner and a few beers. He finally moved over to our neck of the woods, so it will be nice to hopefully see him more often.
That night I ended up having some more contractions. I was able to stop them with my pills, but it took awhile. It's weird just taking a pill and making them stop. It's a good sign though--means I'm not in true labor. However, my dr said that if I have contractions again within the next week or two (I had some exactly a week ago), I would need to go in and have a preterm labor test done. Well, we weren't sure what to do, so I called the on-call dr Saturday morning to see what I should do. It wasn't a very good phone call. She made me feel like I was some paranoid pregnant person that didn't know what I was doing. I couldn't explain my situation at all b/c she was too busy telling me what she thought I should do, making me both iritated and upset. I just about hung up on her. I couldn't even respond to half of her remarks, so I ended the phone call. When Jeremy asked what she said, all I could say was that I wasn't going in and the dr was really mean and rude. I think she caused me to have more contractions later that day, but with the "magical pills" they stopped right away. I think most of these contractions start due to baby moving funny and pushing really hard on my cervix. At least they are going away. Last night and all today I haven't had any contractions, thank goodness. I will be calling the clinic tomorrow to set up an appt for that test--by the way, my dr is out of town this entire week until my next appt on the 28th. Great, huh? Hopefully I can get in tomorrow to get this over with. If the test comes back positive, I will probably be on bedrest for the next 3 weeks, until I'm 34 weeks. If it's negative, it's a good thing b/c I don't have to be on bedrest, but I will have to make sure that I'm taking things easy. It could be hard w/a busy toddler on my hands. Thank goodness he's going on vacation for most of next week.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good luck with the test! you are such a good blogger! Logan just looks like a little boy now. Not a baby at all! Good thing you are having another.