Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The results are in...

I got my results yesterday morning and they came back negative! This is a great sign because that means I will NOT be going into labor within two weeks. The test is 99% accurate, so we are very confident that things will be okay for at least the next two weeks. I had it done a few months ago when I had contractions and it also came back negative and held true to its word. When I went into preterm labor with Logan at 25 weeks they did this test and it came back positive. I made sure though that the test would be wrong in every possible way. None of the nurses or doctors thought I would make it a week, but I showed them! I made it all the way to 38 1/2 weeks! YAH! However, I need to keep doing what I'm doing to keep cooking this baby a little bit longer. I have a feeling I won't make it to 38 weeks, but my first goal is to reach 34 weeks--less than 3 weeks to go! Baby steps.
To help me going strong, Rich and Judy took Logan this morning for the remainder of the week so that I could get some extra resting in. He was pretty much excited to leave me this morning. He had his bags all packed and ready to go, his bag of books to have everyone read to him, his "wheeler" and a balloon he got last night that looks like it won't live much longer. He gave me a kiss and said bye as he's giggling with excitement. I'm not sure he's going to want to come back home. I know he will be having too much fun up there:)
Now my job is to relax and it's hard. I haven't had this since before Logan was born. A little weird but very nice. The hard part is not to do anything and keep my feet up. My one big goal while Logan is gone is to put all the random pictures of him into an album. I have to get that done. I can do that though with my feet up. I know I will be finishing my book as well and even start another one this week. Also on my agenda--massage!!! I think that is just about as exciting to me right now as having a big 32 ounce sweet tea! YUM!!!

No comments: