I'm eight months today! Finally! This summer is going by fast but when you're uncomfortable and starting to swell, it can't go by fast enough. I'm glad though that I've made it this far without any huge setbacks like we did with Logan's pregnancy. At this point, I would have been on bed rest for two months and still would have 2 more weeks to go. Each pregnancy is different my dr said, and let me tell you they were! It's funny how you can be pregnant with the same gender and yet have completely different experiences. Both have been great ones though. I've had my share of contractions with this babe, yet they are controllable with medication I can take at home. I also think having been pregnant, and Logan's being very difficult and extreme, I'm more prepared and at ease with this one. I'm more laid back if I have a contraction or weird feeling. I know that if they get to be too much to take the pills, count the time they are apart without stressing, and then go from there. I also now know what preterm labor feels like and so far I haven't had to "really" experience it, which is a huge blessing.
My appointment went really well this morning. I wasn't sure what my dr would say after having the preterm labor test done last week, along with 2 episodes of contractions in one day, as well as what the dr had instructed me to do last week. I was thinking bed rest for the next 2 weeks, but nope. She said that she didn't care if my cervix was soft, as long as I wasn't dialated and that test came back negative. And both were true. I do have to continue to take things easy and try to get my feet up as much as I can these next two weeks just to keep him in a bit longer. When I reach 34 weeks in two weeks, I get to do whatever I want! That means I can get my shopping done at Babies R Us, Baby Gap and if all goes well maybe head to Albertville with Jeremy's mom.
So as of now, I just keep pushing away the days these next two days and pray for no more contractions that require pills.
Oh, his heartrate was a steady 150, which was exactly like Logan. He even had to kick the dr while she was listening. I'm measuring right on at 32 weeks, which also means that he will be about the same size as Logan. Logan was 7 lbs and 11 oz, 21 inches. I'm trying to think of a good guess as to what he will be coming in at. Somthing around Logan's I'm asuuming.....but I know that sometimes the second baby can be bigger....and let's pray I go early if he is. I don't think I could handle anything bigger than Logan naturally. It was a rough one.
No comments:
Post a Comment