Today was not a successful day of potty training. Logan wasn't interested in going potty much, so I didn't push. When he woke up from his afternoon nap he went, but then wanted to wear his "big boy underwear." Well, that just sucked. He peed his pants twice without telling us. So we put the diaper back on.
The night was the usual--ate, played, took a bath, and then tried to go potty before getting dressed. He has been standing to go potty, but tonight he wanted to sit. As we're sitting, waiting and talking....he tells me poop. So I tell him to try. Sure enough, a few moments later we hear a "plop." His eyes were huge as well as his smile. He couldn't believe he pooped in the potty! Either could I! He had to sit up right away to see it, and then went potty on it. boys.
He immediately yells at daddy about it, who takes a picture of it w/his phone. That's a little far for me, but oh well, we're proud parents. It's our first poop experience. Logan's reward: hot wheels car and a marshmallow. He thinks he's pretty cool right now.....so do we.
4 comments:
Way to go Logan!!! Sophia still asks to "see it" after she poops so don't worry the excitement won't go away.
We're getting so close to being done with day training. I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed that we can do it by fall.
I know that he won't be completely trained for awhile. he's not really ready, but is showing interest. we wear the diapers but go several times a day. still not dry all the time, but at least we are on the right path. this way it will be much easier when the babe comes.
Reading your post brought back nightmares of cleaning out the potty bowl. Yuck. I do not miss that at all! I would gag every time...which really doesn't make sense since changing diapers never bothered me. But that bowl sure did!
But congrats to Logan! He is making huge progress. I bet he'll be pretty good to go by the time baby 2 arrives!
April
thank god he goes in our toilet and not the potty. i told him he was too small to go in there (really he is but i also didn't want to clean the mess either). he almost went again this morning but couldn't. as soon as the diaper got on he went. oh well. at least he's trying.
Post a Comment