Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Love 'Bites'

I went to pick up Logan from Pam's yesterday after work when Pam told me that Logan got bit by another child. My first question was "what did he do to deserve it." He's not always understanding how to interact with the bigger kids. This is also our first experience with biting, so I had to giggle a little bit. I guess he wanted to play with the bigger kids (which are only a year older than Logan) and they didn't want him around, and so the girl bit Logan on the back. He only fussed a bit, which really surprised both Pam and I, since there is a full impression of a mouth on his back. I think they have a love/get away relationship. The little girl even admitted to it and showed Pam where she bit him. At least she was honest and felt bad about hurting Logan. And the good thing is---he still loves her. There are no permanent impressions on Logan's mind b/c when I dropped him off this morning the two of them were playing nice together. It's so hard right now for him b/c he wants so badly to play with the big kids yet they aren't so willingly in letting him be part of their group. It's tough being only 1 1/2!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got one for you Jen... my daughter Ali who is 3 hit my son Jax 7mo in the face with her Dora the Explorer lunch box yesterday. Poor guy had a bloody nose from it. I guess she didn't want him playing with her books or something.

We're going to have to start learning to share I think... Jax is ok by the way..

April said...

Biting is the worst. Livy got bit daily for awhile. I hate not being able to do anything. My center had a no-biting policy. They must have finally asked the kid to leave or something because it stopped. I think they got tired of seeing me in tears every day. No one hurts my babies! :-)

the henry's said...

Wow! Well, we use to have a "naughty" boy at daycare but was asked to leave b/c he was a hitter and a biter. I wasn't nervous about Logan b/c he loved Logan and was nice to him. But this little girl got the grunt of the naughty boy's actions, and I think it was a quick reaction for her. But she is good to Logan and I know she won't do it again. It's hard, but I had to giggle at the situation. Those things just happen at this age. We just have to curb it before it gets out of control.