Saturday, October 4, 2008

Apple Orchard

Today Grandma Kathy, Logan and I went to the apple orchard. We had soo much fun! The weather was just perfect--a little crisp yet warm enough to be out and enjoy the day.
Logan didn't get his morning nap in, but was still able to enjoy all the fresh air and apple picking. He was very excited to see the apples and pumpkins!
We started our adventure with a tractor hay ride. He sat on the hay bale and held onto the end of the trailer. He pretty much just stared in awe the entire hay ride--soaking in all the new things. (I dressed him up a little bit, being the dorky mom that I am. I wanted to make sure I could get some great fall pictures of him--maybe even print some out for our house). I took so many pictures (70) of him! Yeah, I have a problem. At least I can admit it. He's just so darn cute!



After the tractor ride, we grabbed a wagon and basket, and then headed into the rows and rows of apple trees. We wanted to pick the Zestars but none were really available. They were over-picked and not many left on the trees. So we went with the Honeycrisp (which we just love anyways). They were really beaten up too, but we had a lot of fun picking the amount we got. Logan at first wanted to pick the apples off the ground, but we showed him how to pick the apples from the tree instead. I think grandma and I were more camera happy than worrying about picking apples:)

Logan found "his apple." Here he is biting right into it and eating the entire thing! I didn't think he would eat the peeling but did!


We headed to the mall to do a little shopping after all that apple picking. Logan was able to take a little snoozer on our way there, and through most of the shopping! Logan needed some new socks, yet we managed to find way more than socks! We had some lunch at Panera, which is such a great place to eat for lunch (love the soup in a bread bowl). After that we headed to Bachman's to check out their pumpkins and mums--Logan loved the pumpkins but not the fake hay. We stuck him behind one of those things you can stick your face through--yeah, he was a sunflower. I am so lucky that this child will let me do all these corny things to him b/c I am sure it will end soon.



Tonight Jeremy and I are having a couples night so that grandma can be with Logan, and so that we can have dinner without a child for once! I can't wait.

No comments: