Monday, October 27, 2008

Our long weekend in ND

We traveled last week to ND to see our families. We had a nice long weekend with everyone! Logan does so well in the car, which makes traveling easy on Jeremy and I. We didn't get back to ND until late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. Logan woke up at 1:00 while on the road and didn't fall back to sleep until 2:00am. But we were able to sleep in a little bit.
While we were there, we were able to see my family as well as be with Jeremy's. Jeremy and his dad went out pheasant hunting on Thursday and Friday morning--they brought back seven pheasants! And Rox didn't get into any porcupines this year, so this trip was a successful hunting trip for them. Jeremy and Chris went elk hunting way out west of ND but didn't see a thing. Jeremy tried to do some grouse and pheasant hunting as well, but wasn't able to shoot and hit anything. Too many misses I guess.
While they were out hunting, Logan and I spent a lot of great quality time with the cousins, grandmas and papas. We even had the three Henry cousins take pictures of them in their Vikings clothes. They turned out great--well some of them. Logan was in a mood, so didn't want to do anything but throw the football instead of holding it. But overall we were able to get one picture of the three kids and one individual picture. I can't wait to see them in a few weeks!
Here Logan and Mallory are playing at the train table at Barnes & Noble on Thursday morning. We love to let them play and then each child picks out a book to buy. Logan just loves Thomas the trains!

After that we went to Space Aliens restaurant (fun place for kids) for lunch. The kids were able to play around before and after lunch. Logan always wants to drive the big cars, so here he is trying to drive a race car!

Friday night we went to see my brother's family. Logan was a little shy to start out with, but then warmed up to everyone there, even Enzo their boxer. He was soo excited to play with Logan, but was a little too excited at first b/c Logan wasn't too sure of him and his big paws. We ate pizza and did a lot of playing with the cousins! Logan just loves his cousins--likes to show off and try to be big like them. Logan was getting tired, and of course I leave his blankie at the Henry's house, so we were trying to get him to use a different one and go to sleep. Yeah, that doesn't work. Other blankies are just not the same. But Bailee and Enzo were trying to get Logan to sleep with them on the floor.

On Saturday we visited my family. Logan, papa O and I raked leaves I think for almost two hours! Let's just say I am really sore. Logan even helped out by using the broom or shovel. It was pretty funny.

While he took his nap, my dad and I picked apples at the neighbors and in our yard for another hour or two. I was put to work big time. I felt young again climbing those trees! It was fun to see how far up I could go without killing myself. My legs, arms and back are completely sore as well as full of bruises and scrapes. It was well worth it. Now I need to figure out what I am going to do with five bags of apples! I think I want to make applesauce, pies and a crisp or two--freezing most of them for the upcoming holidays!
We came back last night, traveling through some snow (which was only on the ground and not the roads, thank goodness!) and lots of wind. I think the wind was about 50 mph! Insane. I'm glad to be back, as well as Logan and Jeremy. We were really tired this morning--none of us wanted to wake up. It was a long, fun weekend. Now we get to look forward to another crazy week with Halloween coming up!
This is such a cute picture that I had to post it. Here are the three little monkeys taking a tubbie. They love to do everything together!

No comments: