Friday, October 10, 2008

'twas the night before hunting

'Twas the night before hunting, not a quiet person in the house. You can see Jeremy cleaning and loading the truck, while Roxie pants and paces. Logan is now aware of things, yet wonders why dad is bringing so many things out and about in the house. Are we going on a trip? Is it a special holiday??? Nope. It's hunting season.... For the next three months....
Starting tomorrow I officially become a single mom. Today will be the last day/night of being a married mom. Every year at this time I prepare myself for nice quiet weekends to myself while Jeremy is off doing his manly hunting trips (well, not so quiet anymore now that I have Logan). In the past I would enjoy the weekends to myself. I would plan little trips to see friends or relatives; clean the house; enjoy a nice book with a glass of wine; or even get a wild hair and redecorate the house. Now my weekends are filled with doing everything by myself until sunset, which is still okay with me. Growing up in a hunting family you tend to understand the three month period of not seeing your spouse on the weekends. So now my weekends are filled with one-on-one time with Logan, and there are a few little trips planned here and there to see family and friends. We already have our weekend filled tomorrow for Logan and I--we will be heading to my school to do a little cleaning, and then heading off to run some errands. Sunday will be an icky day, so we will probably stay in our jammies and have a fun day at home.
I'm hoping that Jeremy will actually bring home a pheasant so that Logan can see one, as gross as that sounds. Logan looks up to his daddy and wants to be so much like him, that soon it will be the two of them off on these weekend trips. So while I can, I will take advantage of Logan still being my little boy and cherish him wanting to be with me. Soon these mommy days will be over.

No comments: