Sunday, November 2, 2008

last beautiful weekend???

We had another great weekend. The weather has been so gorgeous for this time of year--downfall is my allergies are going crazy! Friday night was Halloween and I think we were all very excited about it. I quickly picked up Logan from Pam's after work on Friday (which was a very crazy day at school w/our party and all). We headed home to eat supper quickly before we ventured out to go trick-or-treating. Logan was a dragon this year--I think every house we went to in our neighborhood thought he was a bat or a dinosaur. Once he was up close they saw that he was a dragon. I tried my best at getting Logan to say trick-or-treat, but instead he would say "puff." Not sure where that came from but it still worked!
We started in our cul-de-sac, going to only a couple of the homes. Our direct neighbors that we usually hang out with were first. Logan grabbed for the candy and then wanted to go in their house to hang out. So we dealt with a little tantrum with that, but then he realized it was a lot of fun to dump his bag of candy anywhere (mainly in the street) and laugh his head off. Then we would put it all back in and bribe him in going to another house before dumping it again. It took me over an hour to visit five homes I think. He either played around or refused to leave the homes. It was a fun first real experience trick-or-treating. But we had lots of fun. Jenna, Kari and Mike stopped over for a little bit and the two kids had fun playing around. Logan mostly showed off his sugar-high personality, but we still had a great time hanging out. Jeremy and Logan all enjoyed passing out candy to all the little treaters--they are two peas in a pod! The two of them would scream and run to the door; even Rox got into it. She sits at the door, looking out in excitement. Mike said we should paint a hat on our door window so it looks like she's wearing a hat while sitting there. I think we will be trying that next year!
After all the treaters stopped coming, Logan and I snuggled up in bed for the night. We were woken up early from Jeremy and Rox, as they were heading out for the day to do some hunting. No luck with the birds, so they came home early. Logan and I just hung out all day; playing outside for an hour or so with some toys, and reading every book downstairs at least two times! He loves his books! Here is a picture of him playing outside. Isn't the hat hilarious?

Last night Jeremy and I rented a movie and shared a bottle of wine--yum! I couldn't tell you the last time we were able to sit down together and watch a complete movie! It was pretty nice.
This morning I woke up with a migraine--not from the wine either. I have tried to give up coffee the past week, and so I think it is due to my addiction of coffee and a little due to my allergies. Jeremy was headed to the Vikes game today, and so Logan and I were hoping to attend early service but I couldn't function. Jeremy took Logan to run errands and buy me a soda (I swear it helps the migraines, even though I don't drink it) while I tried to get ready. Since we couldn't make it to church, we took a quick nap until we had to leave for our playdate with Trevor & Jessie. On our way I decided to stop and get a coffee b/c I knew that would be the only cure for this migraine. And that stop ended up being a good thing in the long run--not only for the migraine, but to also make me realize that there are still good people out there in the world. The nicest thing happened to me while I was there....
I went through the only drive-through at a local major coffee place to get my usual--grande white chocolate mocha skim. MY FAVORITE!!! :) When I pulled up to pay for the coffee, the lady said that the minivan in front of me paid for my coffee! I couldn't believe my ears. The lady at the shop said that people do this all the time. A total stranger paid for my coffee! I was in complete shock. I tried following them like a crazy person, until I lost them in traffic. I couldn't even say thank you. All day I have thought of this nice random act of kindness and the only thing I can think of doing is to return the favor to another stranger. This completely made my day.
Logan and Trevor were able to play for awhile and then we headed out to eat. The two boys had played so hard that Logan barely made it home before falling asleep. And to end the day better, the Vikes won today!
This week will be another crazy week for us. I have to work late a lot this week b/c of conferences. My parents will be coming this week as well since we don't have daycare for the end of the week. I am looking forward to making our Danish Dumpling soup--YUM!!! Jeremy will also be leaving this week to do some deer hunting. Even though we are crazy busy--we have only 23 days before our trip!!!!!

No comments: